Sunday 31 January 2010

My New Assignment.

I love this picture. It was taken at one of my fave places in Second Life. I was researching in RL, and decided to log in and sit for a while while I chatted to friends. The place is DePaul University and I just love the land. There are hideaways I use when I want to escape, and the whole place is beautiful. They even change the look of the place to change with the seasons.

We got told about a new assignment for our 'Biomolecules & Cells' module a while ago, just as forewarning. As soon as the tutor mentioned the word 'Poster' I thought it wouldn't be so bad. I've done academic posters in the past and got good marks for them. Generally I really enjoy doing the research for it and designing the layout.
This one is going to be different though.

I have just logged into our online area for updtes, and found out the rest of the assignment. The project is to create an academic poster about the specific structure and roles of the protein they have assigned us. I was expecting a protein I have heard of before, and as I looked down the list of choices I saw a few I recognised and would have chosen. Then I saw that they had assigned the protein, and we had to check ourselves.
I went to the relevant message, and checked back to see my assignment. "Quinone oxidoreductase"

I now know this is going to be a struggle. I have no idea what this is, and its going to take a lot to research it. A quick google search tells me it is 'the largest and least understood enzyme in the respiratory chain' which is so far outside my usual focus, I have no idea where to even begin.

*sigh* I guess this is what I get for thinking things so far had been relatively easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment